<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Liar, liar, pants on fire. 

I can't tell you how many times my mother and I have sung this tune, liar, liar, pants on fire, when hearing about the latest lies exposed of the Bush administration. It seems Ben Cohen of Ben and Jerry's fame is taking it a step further. He now heads the political action group, True Majority, from whom I receive email updates. He has created a huge, Bush in effigy with flames shooting out of his pants, and he drove the thing from his home in Vermont to Manhattan, and meet the press there yesterday.

I'm so glad the thing didn't catch on fire, although that might have actually been kind of appropriate.

I couldn't find a damn thing on the True Majority web site as to how this went, but I haven't heard of any tragic, unusual fires either, so I guess no news is good news.

Ben Cohen